Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Fun

Christmas 2009' was filled with lots of memories and events. On Christmas Eve we went with Anita, Ernie and Daelyn to yummy, Johnny Carinos for dinner and to Temple Square to see the lights.It would have been nice if we were able to walk around Temple Square for more than about 30 minutes, but it was so cold that everything was a quick look and we're moving on...
The lights were beautiful and the spirit was strong.


Every year the Pleasant Grove Fore Dept. holds a SANTA party for the children of employees. Last year we forgot our camera, but this year we didn't. Yay! Brigham liked Santa-so much that he tried to pull his beard off!


Kyle had a Cow Elk tag and took advantage of the excuse to go to the mountains. On Christmas Eve, Kyle went by himself and was stalked by a mountain lion. He was followed for over 100 yards by this hungry cat! Glad he made it home to us!



The day after Christmas, Kyle and Ryan left at 6 am in 10 degree weather to go elk hunting. After they found a herd of about 40...Kyle and Ryan each picked an elk to shoot. They counted to 3, and there was a loud BANG and a tiny click. The BANG was the sound of the 'Thunderstick 45-70' Kyle was shooting and the tiny click was Ryan's gun dry-firing! Kyle's elk tumbled down the hill as Ryan hurried for another shot, but was unsuccessful due to a faulty firearm. Guess this will be an excuse for them to go again next week...I can't wait to try the meat!!



5 comments:

Nathan and Rebekah said...

How fun! Miss you guys! I wish we could be with you this Holiday! Hope all is well!

Jen said...

What a cute picture of you and your husband! I am jealous that you got to go to Temple Square - I would love to do that during Christmastime! Your little guy isn't so little, huh - crazy how time goes by so fast!!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

YAY! I am glad they were successful!

KYLE! YOU LITTLE STINKER! Don't get mauled by a Mountain Lion, PLEASE! Living out in a canyon filled with Wolves & Mountain Lions has definately intensified my wild animal fears! I would have to officially become a city girl!

I LOVE BRIGGY! I miss him already! We are sticking around for a few more days! CALL ME! I would love to see you guys!

sea gull lighting said...

I love to go see the lights!

Aaron Burg Family said...

Love your blog now that I found it, I'm going to keep looking!!