Friday, April 10, 2009

Sleepless In Seattle

Sleepless in Seattle is a great title for this post. Brigham woke up every 2 hours and stirred all night long. Hotel overnights are not intended for infants!! Kyle and Dale have been in Seattle working on the Temple for the past 5 weeks and still have 1 week to go. Jana and I needed to go and visit them last weekend. We had a blast!! The sun was out and the temperature was great considering the time of year. We had the opportunity to go to Bremerton to see my sister Rebekah and her Husband Nathan and their 4 children. That was a really great day! The ferrie ride was fun and spending time with my sister and her family was really fun too. They took us to Scenic Beach where the shorline is covered in clams and oysters. On our ferrie ride there was two sealions that were sunbathing on a buoy.
We went to the all famous Ivars for lunch one day and enjoyed fish n'chips and clam chowder. I had never tried clam chowder before this. It is really scrumptious!! Kyle was feeding the seagulls "chips" and grabbed onto some of their legs...they were not very happy.

ON the last day of our trip we all decided to splurge and go to a ritzy resort and spend $70.00 on breakfast. This is Brigham enjoying his sweet potatoe treats while we ate the good stuff. I have to admit, I think it was definitely worth the 70 bucks!! It was so tasty!! Kyle got steak and eggs that had the best potatoes ever!


My wonderful Husband and I



In downtown Seattle the was this park that had a bunch of statues of Firemam in action. Once Kyle saw this we had to be sure and find our way back at the end of the day and get some pics. Doesn't he look so proud??
I know most of you check this blog to see how Brigham is doing, so here it is:
Brigham is now 8 months old, weighs about 24lbs and has 8 teeth! He is rolling everywhere and is almost crawling. Laughing and playing is his game, but now is learning to be very vocal in letting me know when he wants something. Hope this posts suffices for all that I have missed?!




6 comments:

Preston and Amber Hennrich said...

Hahaha, you were totally right...good job! I am so jealous that you got to go to Seattle. I love visiting there and I miss Rebekah a ton. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I can't believe how big Brigham is getting! I know we always say this but we really should get together more often. Hope everything is going well!

Devin & Shalise said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I have always wanted to go to Seattle. I cannot wait to see Briggs in May... and you guys of course! It will be a blast!! Love you guys!

Hardy Party said...

We are so glad you got to go and visit. I know how hard it is to be apart for a long time. I think the longest George has been away at one time was 4 weeks. It stinks. I'm glad it's almost over for you... We love you all very much. That Brigham is so darn cute... :-)

Love Dad & Sondi

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Mmmmm IVARS! Oh my! I am so jealous right now! It was totally funny reading this! I have been to all of those exact places! My friend lives in Port Orchard (right by Bremerton), we went out to the Island...CRUD I can't remember the name right now! I will think of it! And Ivars....did you know that Costco gets their fresh Clam Chowder sometimes?! It is fresh. Never been frozen. When it is there, I buy A TON and freeze it! I love that stuff!

I am glad you guys had a fun time! Love you both!

Becky and Brad said...

Serene!!
I love the Seattle pictures! I can't believe how long Kyle has been in Seattle! You must have been missing him big time. Was he coming home on the weekends? How is the new job? We finally got a new couch and are getting settled in, so we'll have to have you guys over for that BBQ in the next few weeks. Also, we need to go to Real Deals and decorate my house. I'm so not creative when it comes to that. Anyway, we'll talk soon. Kiss Brigham's cute cheeks for me! -Becky

kelsey and murray said...

I am so glad that you got to go on a little get away! Seattle is beautiful! Loved the pics!